Monday, May 10, 2010

Just had to share this delicious breakfast from a book I bought.
Goofy name, but it really is good and fills you up.
I don't like to eat breakfast but this makes only a half a cup
and I can easily eat this every day.
I use lime juice instead of lemon and until I get some flax oil, I am using olive.
I grind about 2 cups of the cereal and then keep it in a sealed container in the fridge, same with the walnuts.
That way it takes only about 5 minutes to make and eat the breakfast. A big plus for me.
I know breakfast is imortant, but I can't stand to fuss in the kitchen in the am.


Magical Breakfast Cream
Serves: 1

Ingredients
4 to 6 tablespoons yogurt (about 1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon flaxseed oil
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons finely ground cereal (with zero sugar such as Post Shredded Wheat)
2 teaspoons finely ground walnuts

directions
1.Put the yogurt in a bowl and add the oil. Mix well. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Add the honey and mix well. (It is important to add each ingredient one at a time and mix well to obtain a homogeneous preparation.)

2.Finely grind the cereal and walnuts (I use a small food processor). Add to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Serve at once.


PS. The book is French Women Don't get Fat - while the book is a little simplistic, I like the common sense ideas in it and I love the way she writes. Very woman to woman, kinda like how I would suppose a European girl friend would talk.

The recipes are very provencial too, and I love that country French style of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment