Saturday, February 13, 2010

I love to make paper crafts. I found a ton of them at Canon Creative Park
http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/1006/

There's architecture, science, cars, animals and many other ideas like birthday cards etc.
Here's my mouse I made yesterday......... Isn't he cute??

















Chicken Update!
We went to Sumner Animal Grub today and found out that they will have their chicks in next week - Wow - We could have chickens by next week!
I have to call them during the week to find out what breeds they are getting in. I really want Leghorns - they are great layers, but every place we call are not getting them because they don't sell that well. I wonder why?
Pearl White Leghorns are what they raise at the industrial size poultry/egg farms.
We also want some Plymouth Rocks, some Austrolorps and some Rhode Island Reds.
The only one that seems to be available consistently is the Reds.
Monster boy really has his heart set on a little black chicken so we may wait till they came in at Del's in Enumclaw
Or maybe we WILL get them sooner. Decisions decisions!
I don't know though, we still don't have plans for the coop. We did find a chain link dog kennel at HDepot that is reg. $249. and it was on clearance for $87.

We were so tempted to just buy it. It would be so much easier, but we really don't want to spend that much. But it did give DH some ideas on how to make our own using some chain link we already have.
I kind of want a wooden country style chicken coop, you know the type, barn red and quaint looking.

Whatever we build will be better that what DH found on the internet last week though, it's called an "Egglu" and it is plastic and ick!

No comments:

Post a Comment